Elevator Game, also known as an Elevator to another world, is a scary activity. The participant has a chance to travel to another dimension.
You enter an elevator in a building alone. The elevator ascends and descends continuously, but you remain there until you encounter a mysterious woman.
The game may sound weird to you. If you want to explore more about this idea, let’s follow our post!
All content given in this post is for information, and we won’t take any responsibility for any damages or injuries from its usage.
We strongly recommend not trying this game. If you still want to go for it, please do it at your own risk.
What Is The Elevator Game In Korea?
Elevator Game is a dangerous activity in which the participant has a chance to travel to the another world.
The Elevator was a basic game that thrill-seekers played until Elisa Lam’s death raised its fame and dark mood. She had been missing for a month until people found her dead in a hotel in Los Angeles.
Later, video evidence of the girl acting weirdly in an elevator became viral, showing her hiding in the lift, chatting, and stepping in and out of the lift. People began thinking about her death, including the Elevator Game.
The rules state that the player must travel multiple floors until meeting a girl on the fifth floor.
What Do You Need?
There are just two things to prepare for the game:
- Player: There should be one player at a time. You can also play with friends, but if one of your friends drops in the middle, the others have to restart from the beginning. Moreover, with such a ritual activity, the fewer, the better.
- A building: A building with at least ten stories and an elevator able to reach all ten floors.
How To Play The Elevator Game?
After choosing the building, it’s time to start your journey. Since it’s a ritual game, everything must be correct. Hence, check the following guide carefully to avoid getting lost in a strange dimension.
This game doesn’t require any tools. Just make sure that the elevator can function properly and that you have a brave heart.
The chosen building must have ten levels above ground level, including the ground floor. Do not count sublevels and basements as floors.
So you have picked a ten-story building. Now, imagine that you are standing in front of that building. Here is how your journey to another world starts:
- Enter the building and go straight to the elevator.
- Press the “up” button to call the elevator. If you see a “down” button, ignore it.
- Enter the first floor alone once the door opens, and start your journey by moving to the fourth floor first.
- When you reach the fourth floor, remain there and descend to the second floor.
- Ascend to the sixth floor.
- Come back to the second floor.
- Go up to the tenth floor.
- Descend to the fifth floor, where people have reported seeing the mysterious woman.
- She may or may not talk with you, seek help, or irritate you. But all you have to do is avoid interacting with them.
- Return to the first floor. There are two possibilities.
- If the elevator stops on the first floor, escape without looking back or saying anything.
- If the elevator starts to ascend, it welcomes you to the Other World.
- If the second case happens to you and you want to exit, cancel the ritual by pressing any buttons besides “1” and “10.” Try to do it before the elevator passes number 9.
- If you want to continue your journey, reach the tenth floor. Things will look different, and nobody will be there.
- You have two choices accordingly: exit or remain.
- If you exit, the woman who entered the lift on the fifth floor may ask you some questions. She even knows your name. But, do not answer to talk to her.
- Now, you have entered the Other World.
- If the ritual occurs correctly, you will see darkness and a red glow entering nearby windows.
- Some participants claim the red glow emerges from a remote cross-like building that they can get close enough to see properly.
- Almost all players describe feeling alone in this alternate world, with the girl from the fifth level refusing to join them.
Please check this video for a visual explanation of how the ritual occurs:
You don’t have to do anything except enter the elevator and keep pressing the buttons to access certain floors. But there are two things to bear in mind:
- The order of the floors must be correct.
- Do not interact with the stranger.
How to Return From the Other World: End The Game
If you choose to remain in the lift rather than explore, simply press the first-story button to come back home. You may have to press the button until it works continuously.
If you decide to exit the lift and explore the Other World, there are a few guidelines to follow in order to get back to your real-world safely.
- You must take the same elevator that you took to get this far.
- Repeat the steps you have followed to reach the fifth floor. The floor order is: 4 -> 2 -> 6 -> 2 -> 10 -> 5 -> 1.
- Once you get to the first floor, the elevator will try to bring you to the tenth floor.
- Before accessing the tenth floor, start pressing other numbers to delay the elevator and return to the first-floor landing.
- Examine the surroundings when you enter the first floor. Do not exit if you notice anything strange, even the tiniest detail.
- Press the floor numbers in the correct order again until everything seems fine when you reach the first floor.
- Get out of the elevator if you are confident that you will succeed in returning to your actual world.
- Do not exit the elevator until you are sure. If you do, and you’re wrong, you can relax for a while, but you won’t be able to see your home anymore.
You may get confused and lose track of which elevator you took; the elevator may appear to move away from you as you reach it, and so on. Keep your eyes open about you, and be alert.
If you faint or lose consciousness during the game, you will wake up in your home. However, check your surroundings closely when you wake up—this “home” may not be your real one.
What should I do if I can’t return?
You find it hard to return mostly because you can’t stay calm and press the floor numbers in an incorrect order. To get out of this dimension, try to recall where you should go and restart your escape multiple times until you make it right.
Elevator Game Tips
The rules of this game are not complicated, but it will confuse us from the moment we meet the strange woman. You must be nervous and even lose control of what to do next.
Before starting your journey to the Other World, please make sure that you bear in mind these tips.
About the woman
The woman that enters the fifth floor and stays there with you is the most mysterious part of the game. If you want to escape safely, do not interact with her. To be more specific:
- Do not try to acknowledge her existence. She has no way of knowing if you notice her existence.
- Do not move or step aside when the woman comes in. She won’t come near you. Instead, he will pass by you to one side while you are standing on the other side.
- Do not stare or look at her directly or indirectly via reflection.
- Do not close your eyes to avoid eye contact with her. Just do it when you have to. The best tip is to look at the ground.
- Never talk to her even when she asks you to push the buttons for her.
About the return trip
Some sites claim that the method for coming back home in the case that you don’t choose to exit can only work if the woman didn’t enter the fifth floor. You two must decide to remain in the elevator to use this method.
Extra safety tips
This game involves the use of a machine that isn’t a toy. There are other risks to be aware of.
- Your cellphones and electronic gadgets may not work when dealing with the paranormal. As a result, make sure that somebody knows your situation.
- You may get dizzy or lose track of which floor you took. The only solution is to keep calm and stay focused.
- You may wake up at home after fainting or passing out. In this case, be certain that you are at your real home, not in the spirit universe.
What To Do When The Game Is Not Working?
First, please note that it can be a good thing that the game didn’t work for you. The consequences are severe and may destroy your life. It would be best to avoid spirit-related games.
If your ritual experience fails, the problem can be:
Wrong floor numbering
The order we use here is that the first floor is the ground floor. If your area uses a different floor numbering method, you need to adjust the floor order.
The adjustment may involve changing from 4 – 2 – 6 – 2 – 10 – 5 – 1 to 3 – 1 – 5 – 1 – 9 – 4 – G.
As aforementioned, you can play the game with your friends. However, it mostly fails with more than one participant. So, experience this ritual yourself if you want to.
There are some cases when you meet people while taking the elevator. This incident normally happens because you don’t play the game in an abandoned building.
You have to restart whenever somebody interrupts your journey as the ritual must go smoothly. Otherwise, it won’t take place.
Real-life Experiences From Other Players
People share different experiences after playing this game. Here are some reports we gathered from the internet.
Getting trapped in the Other World
If a player decides to visit the 10th floor, they must be cautious about how far they get and in which way they travel.
If they try to return to their actual world by using the incorrect elevator, they may feel they’ve got home when they still get stuck in another world.
Things may appear familiar at first, but players will gradually notice small details that signal something is wrong. For example, foods may have an off-putting smell, and sounds become perplexing.
Dreaming about the Other World
Another player said that when she entered the fifth floor, there was a woman mistakenly staring right at her. The woman provoked the player to hit her.
After returning home, the player kept dreaming about this scenario. She also had a dream that she was in another universe, making her afraid of getting stuck there.
Being followed by the mysterious woman
One player shared that the girl who entered the fifth floor followed him home and laughed at him as she knocked on his bedroom windows every night.
Another dreamed that they got back in the other universe and that the woman followed them about during the day.
Additionally, many players have reported feeling a spirit following them even after ending the game.
Some players have reported hearing unusual sounds, seeing visions, and suffering intense anxiety. Others can’t seem to stop shaking.
One player thought the woman followed him home and asked for help on Reddit, stating that he had even gotten a pistol.
Should You Play This Game?
This game may be a unique experience in your life. However, the result may be significant and obsessive.
As discussed in the previous section, many players reported suffering from anxiety even when the game ended. The hallucination even preoccupies your mind with your dream and reality.
So, if you feel that you are ready for this experience, you can try. However, do not give it a whirl if you ask for our opinion.
Movies About Elevators
Elevators are helpful for more than just skipping the stairs. There are also terrifying films about the isolation and creepiness of these iron contraptions resulting from the elevator game.
If you don’t feel like playing any game, watch one of these horror movies instead.
- The Shaft (2001)
- Devil (2010)
- The Lift (1983)
- 9/11 (2017)
Frequently Asked Questions
The following questions will help you understand more clearly how the game works and what you should do during your journey.
1. Who is the woman from the Elevator game?
Some people say that the woman you may meet on the fifth floor is Elisa Lam’s spirit. Since it’s a spiritual activity, we can’t confirm if this opinion is true or false.
2. Why can’t you talk to the woman in the Elevator game?
The woman is not human, although her voice sounds like one. When she tries to interact with you, avoid it at every cost.
3. What happens if you talk to the woman in the Elevator game?
The scariest part of this activity is the creepy women that you encounter on the fifth floor. She would follow you to the other floors and try to talk to you. According to the ritual, if you react to her, she might take you away.
4. Does Elisa Lam play the Korean elevator game?
Elisa Lam’s death remains unknown, but different theories had gained traction on the internet when amateur sleuths discovered unusual security footage published by the LAPD.
According to one theory, Lam was playing the Elevator game. She was nervously waiting in an elevator and pressing multiple floor buttons.
The doors wouldn’t close, so Lam glanced down the hall as though someone was arriving, then spoke to somebody off-screen.
The fact that the water tank where she died was apparently difficult to reach, but Lam could enter and die in it reinforces the supernatural idea.
5. Can you play the elevator game with more than one person?
Yes, you can. Yet, make sure that all of you know the rules and are brave. If any participant drops in the mid-ride, the rest has to restart the game.
Now that you figure out how terrifying your Elevator game is. You may also find the following games interesting if you like this concept.
Wait till nearly midnight, then enter the toilet, look at the mirror, and slowly close your eyes. When it’s midnight, open your eyes and look in the mirror to see the demon.
Close your eyes and sit in front of a person. The person gently taps on your back and reads the “Concentrate” chant.
You will tell the person sitting behind what color you saw when the chant is done. The color reveals your death.
Repeat “Bloody Mary” three times in a darkened bathroom while looking at the mirror. If the ritual works, you can see her in the mirror.
She may scrape at you or perhaps drag you through the mirror into her universe based on her feelings about you.
Elevator game is a creepy, obsessive, and spiritual experience. Do not try it as it may preoccupy your mind and mess up your life.
Hopefully, our guide helps you picture how this scary activity works. If you still want to play, consider the serious consequences that may happen to you.
Thank you for reading!