The Burning Man is coming. Unfortunately, you can not make it.
Can you resell Burning Man tickets if you are unable to attend? How to resell the tickets?
The article will give you detailed guidance on your extra tickets. Let’s read on to discover!
Can You Resell Burning Man Tickets If You Are Unable To Attend?
Yes, you can simply resell them. There are several ways to resell the Burning Man ticket. However, some of them are risky.
The rule is that you don’t need to sell your ticket for a higher price than you paid for it.
You may come across pricey pre-sale and low-income tickets. Each of them has its own set of conditions that may alter according to the new owner.
How To Resell A Burning Man Ticket?
How to resell?
Burning Man has a formal policy allowing people to buy tickets from those who, for whatever reason, have a spare ticket. They can purchased a lot of tickets, or they may have opted not to go. Whatever the case is, they now have a spare ticket.
STEP (Secure Ticket Exchange Program) is a Burning Man Org-approved program that has always been reasonable and well-executed.
The biggest advantage of this solution is that you can buy the ticket at its original price.
You may register for STEP from April to July. If you miss this chance, scroll down for other solutions.
- This is an official approach.
- You may sell the ticket at the original price.
- There is no risk.
- You have to join the program on time.
Ask your campmates
How to resell?
Many of your campmates are either hunting for tickets or have friends who are. Let’s help them get a ticket while you are the one selling it.
You may also inform everyone that you have an extra ticket to buy. Remember to use some tags. Most individuals start tagging those seeking a ticket in the replies, making it quite easy to locate them.
Selling Burning Man tickets to acquaintances avoids risks. Moreover, it can help you strengthen relationships with your friends.
- This is a chance to expand your relationship.
- You can help your acquaintances.
- Although Facebook is widely used, there are few opportunities to sell tickets.
Online resale sites
How to resell?
Online sellers are popular these days. You can try Stub Hub, eBay, or some other Facebook marketplaces to sell the ticket.
First, you’d like to resell your ticket. The fee may differ at each site. Please check the instructions carefully before you register.
This method can help you approach more people, even if they are not on your friend list.
However, if you want to resell your ticket through a third-party platform, be aware that someone who did not win the auction may report you. This case happens when you sell at a higher price than the ticker’s initial value.
- You can change the price.
- Many people can access your purchase.
- There is a risk of a report.
- You should be careful about fraud.
How Much Do Resale Tickets Cost?
The resale price depends upon how you buy it.
On STEP, the price remains unchanged. This is Burning Time’s resale policy.
If you buy the tickets from your friends, maybe they will sell them at the original price.
On the other hand, retail sites require some fees aside from the ticket price. They are:
- Service fee: In virtually all situations, these sites include a service fee with each ticket. The service cost varies per event and is contingent on their agreement with each customer.
- Face value: This fee also depends on the customer. In many cases, face-value pricing is established at the time of the first on-sale and remains the same until the camp.
- Delivery: The ticket price varies for different delivery options.
How To Find Resale Tickets (For Buyers)?
We have mentioned the ways to resell the tickets. If you are a buyer, just follow the methods.
Check these places for Burning Man ticket resale:
- STEP: Check this site first because it is the only professional option available.
- Friend list: Ask your campmates if they have any extra tickets. Or, post a status on your Facebook wall or any networking site. The key is tagging. Use the tags to spread your post wider. Fortunately, someone is looking for buyers like you.
The price may vary depending on the sellers and the time. If the event is quite close, you may pay a little higher for the ticket.
- Resale sites: You may have a greater chance to get a deal on these sites. However, as aforementioned, please be cautious about fraud. If there are any problems, ask the staff for help.
How To Get A Burning Man Ticket Resale If You Don’t Know Anyone?
Knowing “Burners” is the greatest method of getting a resale ticket.
“Burner” is a term that Burning Man campmates use to express their affinity for this camping community.
These are some ideas for meeting the Burners:
- Check to see if there are any Burner Decompression gatherings in your area. If they do, leave immediately. Make an effort to make friends and converse.
- Check to see if there are any Burner staff groups or email lists at your place of business. It could have one if it’s a big firm. Participate in it and connect with others.
- Search via your social network for former classmates or acquaintances who attended Burning Man. Perhaps you drifted apart or were never close friends. Reintroduce yourself and explain that you want to attend Burning Man and are researching it. They’ll most likely be delighted to share it. Perhaps they will even show you around their camp.
Can I Resell A Ticket That I Didn’t Buy?
If someone asks you to sell the ticket for him, you can do him a favor. In this case, you may try informal solutions, such as selling on Facebook.
However, on some resale sites, only the original buyers can resell the tickets. The ticket holder must coordinate with the first buyer to resell it.
Once you know the solutions, reselling Burning Man tickets is not tricky anymore.
Hopefully, you will find this article helpful. If you need more information about this topic, please feel free to ask.
Thank you for reading!