Ending the party when everyone gets drunk makes the gathering unforgettable. Spin the bottle drinking game is old but has always been a favorite due to this.
Everybody sits in a circle. One player spins an empty bottle. When it stops, the person it points to has to drink.
We will give you step-by-step instructions on playing this game and some of its variants. Let’s read through and choose the funniest option for your next party!
Drinking is an idea for playing games, and we write this for the sake of entertainment. If you decide to try it, make sure you are legally drinking age or older and not allergic to any ingredient in the drinks.
Requirements For The Game
This traditional drinking game is also popular for its simplicity in rules and preparations. You also need to gather three things:
- A group of at least six people
- A table (optional because you can play on the floor)
- A lot of alcohol
- An empty glass bottle
The Barbuzzo set is a great idea to replace the classic glass bottle. It comes with a bottle and a round box with different labels.
The best part about this item is that the players are up to more challenges aside from just drinking.
New rules include: Spin again, Truth or dare, Just one sip, Pick a person, Lose your turn, and All drink.
How To Play Spin The Bottle Drinking Game?
After collecting all the necessary tools, let’s move to the most important part: how to play this drinking game.
Have a group of six people or more who are willing to drink together. All of you have to agree on the rules.
There should be enough drinks for everyone. It would be best to have some more at hand if your friends have excellent drinking capacity.
Finally, decide who starts the game.
There are three ways to play this game. Both can make you laugh out loud and have everyone drink like a fish.
- Players sit in a circle with their beer or alcohol at hand.
- One person starts the game by spinning the bottle. Anyone it points to must answer a question honestly or take a drink.
- That person spins the bottle once he’s finished, and the game continues from there.
- Getting the participants intoxicated is the most enjoyable part of the game.
- Players sit in a circle with a smaller circle of drinks in the middle. They can be the same drinks or mixes of various beverages.
- One player spins the bottle, and he must drink whichever drink the bottle points to.
- The game continues with the turn of the person seated next to that player.
- If you choose to play with the Barbuzzo set, your fun time will go as follows:
- Players sit in a circle with the Barbuzzo toy in the middle.
- One player spins the bottle and sees where it lands to follow the instruction. For example, if he spins at “Take one sip,” he does so. Even if the rule is “All drink,” everyone in the circle has to follow it.
- The player seated next to him continues the game.
You can also try this one that has the same concept:
Drinking games have a lot of rules. The nice part about it is that you may change the rules according to your preferences.
This game promotes interaction since you must all encourage your friends to drink, even if they are too high. All of you do so until there is no more drink.
You can end your turns by giving up, and there are no losers or winners in such games.
Spin The Bottle DIY
Drinking games can be much more entertaining with new ideas. You can make your own tool like the Barbuzzo set to impress your friends.
Ideas for the spinner
You can find the materials at your home to make these spinners:
Paperclip and a split pin
- Poke a hole in the spinner’s center.
- Grab a split pin and thread it through the paper clip’s smallest loop.
- Insert the pin into the spinner’s hole.
- Leave a tiny space to allow the clip to rotate freely.
A fidget spinner
Simply use a sticker, paint, or dough to decorate one of the spinner’s spokes, then place it in the center of the card disc and play.
Ideas for spin turns
For the spin turns, you can try more exciting rules, such as:
- Pick a person: Choose someone in the circle to drink for you.
- Rhythm: Say one word. Any player who can’t come up with a term that rhymes with your word must drink. If no one can, you must say a rhymed word. Take your glass if you can’t.
- Double drinks: Poor you if the bottle lands at this tag since you have to drink double.
If you want to try something new, check out this list of variations.
Shot Glass Chess
Change your chess pieces with some shots to make the chess more enjoyable. With each beaten piece, the player will drink it.
- One player grabs as many beer cans as there are participants and shakes one each vigorously.
- The player then returns to the room and hands the cans.
- Each player selects one and opens it.
- Those who get showered by the fizz must take their full beer.
It has the same idea as the drinking one, but it’s about kissing instead.
- Players sit or stand in a circle with a bottle placed in the middle.
- A player spins the bottle and has to kiss the person the bottle points at when it stops.
- Alternatively, that person has to kiss the person at the other end of the bottle.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I pass off the drink to someone else?
You can’t either refuse to drink or ask to drink anything else just because you don’t like it.
2. Can I pass my turn?
You can skip one turn if you choose, but you must first ask the player seated next to you whether they are happy to drink in your place.
However, this turn will not be regarded as their turn but rather as a proxy. They have to spin and drink again for their real turn.
3. Can I just spin a little bit?
No. You have to spin it until it completes at least a rotation.
4. Can I replace the bottle?
Yes, you can, as long as other players agree. Your group may want to change the rules so that the game gets more interesting.
“Spin the bottle drinking game” is a great ice-breaker for any party. It can be even much more exciting if you add your own ideas.
Hopefully, this article can help you prepare for your next gathering with friends. If you need any further information, please feel free to ask.
Thank you for reading!