It’s more than just a phone call
Do you like experiencing the paranormal? Are you interested in making a supernatural connection with the unseen? Then you are in the right place.
The Telephone Ritual provides an eerie experience and is definitely not for the faint of heart, so play at your own risk.
Disclaimer – Beware!
This game is real and can have repercussions in case of the call gone wrong. Everyone participating in this experience is suggested to do so at their own risk. Everyone should know of all the consequences of playing the Telephone Ritual.
The Telephone Ritual is more of an experience than a game. It is a supernatural ritual that requires only one subject to proceed with the game, provided he/she knows how the ritual works.
The subject locks himself/herself in a bathroom in an abandoned building and makes a telephone call to the other world. The trick of the game is if the subject senses a connection to the other world or the call is answered, the subject has to hang up right that instant.
How to Play the Game
Minimum one person can play the game as it takes only one to make a call. However, there is no restriction on the number of people that can participate. The primary player’s friends can join in by staying in a nearby building, keeping contact with the subject, or the subject could always live to feed it to his/her friends.
The player needs a few items to complete the ritual and make a phone call as well as observe the nuances if any.
- This is to stop the entity, if ever the need arose, from entering the confined space.
- A torch or flashlight.
- A house or a building that has a telephone landline connection.
- A bathroom within that place with a lock and key inside.
- A toilet that functions within that bathroom.
- An object of power, for example, an amulet, a totem, etc.
- A mobile phone.
Before starting anything, you must decide that you are comfortable doing this, otherwise, hesitation might endanger your life.
- For the game’s set up, you need to be in a completely empty place, whether it’s a house or an abandoned building.
The important thing is that no living souls or creatures should be around you because they might get hurt.
It needs to be completely silent and completely dark with all the lights off.
- Get your items needed for the ritual and enter one of the bathrooms present in that place.
- Before going in, spread salt in the threshold and then lock the door.
When you enter and lock the door behind you, make a circle of salt around you and stay within that circle.
- Have your flashlight ready, and check that the toilet has clear water in it. If not, flush it before starting the ritual.
- Then, make sure that your power object is close by. If it is small, you can tie it to your bracelet or hang it around your neck.
- You wave your flashlight over the toilet water and make sure there are no ripples on the surface of the water.
- Make a phone call from your mobile to the landline number. If it is an abandoned building, you should find out the number beforehand. If it is your own house, you make a call on your landline.
- Once the phone starts ringing, you focus the flashlight on the water of the toilet to notice any nuances. One of four things might happen next.
- You are not supposed to cut off the call or drop it. The call once started has to complete its ritual. If the call gets cut off for some reason, you must call again instantly.
- There is ringing for a while, but nothing takes place that is no ripples on the water surface, no one picks up at the other end, no changes or flickering of light, or any sounds. That means that the ritual was unsuccessful. In this case, the subject has to try the ritual again some other time.
- If you notice some change while the ringing proceeds, like the change in water surface, the area gets colder, or you hear a noise, you hang up that minute. In this case, the subject has to hold tight to their power object and also spread salt in areas where a change has occurred, like the toilet or the wall where he/she heard a sound.
- The last scenario and the desired one is that someone or something does pick up on the other side. In that case, hang up immediately!
In the third and fourth scenario, the ritual has been successful. And in the case of either, one should not play the ritual again. Ever.
Here is a video about playing the game:
Ending the Ritual – Closing the Line
- Once it is complete, turn on the lights in the bathroom.
- Unlock the door and step out.
- Turn on the lights in the room and the house or the building.
- Take use of salt and spread it around the landline connections and wherever the phones are linked. In cases of multiple phones, take care of all of them.
Advice/tips for players
The players should choose a strong power object. According to myths, it has protection abilities, because a powerful spirit or demon can latch on to weaker power objects. So, one tip for the player is to make sure to get a powerful object.
Secondly, the player should have an ample amount of salt. In case it gets less, it can lead to anxiety and paranoia.
Keep your phone fully charged so that it does not cut off your call in the middle.
This eerie experience is out of this world, and players come out of it euphoric from the high of the supernatural. We hope that this tutorial will help you prepare for this creepy game so that you can play it as safely as possible.
If you liked this game, you should check out similar games like Red Door Yellow Door, The Shoebox Telephone Ritual, and Answer Man.
Be sure to leave your suggestions or any questions you might have in the feedback section. Have an eerie time!